Why is my credit/debit card being declined?
Car Show Pro currently can only process Visa, Mastercard, Visa Debit, Mastercard Debit and American Express. We are unable to process debit only cards or prepaid credit cards.
Some users may experience a generic declined credit/debit card message when registering for an event.
Why Am I Receiving This Message?
This message means your credit card company has declined the transaction but has not given a specific reason. It does not necessarily mean your card does not have adequate funds available.
Our credit card processor does not receive specific information from the credit card issuer other than an approval or a declined response.
This message will be returned if:
- your credit card does not have adequate funds available.
- your credit card has not been approved for online purchases.
- your credit card is not approved for cross-border transactions. Often this the reason for the decline. Car Show Pro is a Canadian company. Many US credit cards are initially issued for use within the US only and will automatically be declined if the transaction is initiated outside the US.
- your credit card has a restriction put in place for fraud prevention or your credit card company has automatically flagged the transaction as suspicious.
Speak with the credit card company or bank that issued your credit card to determine the reason why the transaction was declined. Inform them you were trying to register online for a car show using Car Show Pro. You may need to authorize them to approve the transaction.
Generally this issue can be rectified quickly and easily over the phone with your credit card company or bank.
If you cannot register using your credit card
Registration alternatives may be available
- Contact the event administrator for the event. They may be able to register you over the phone. You may be required to pay on the day of the show (registration options vary by show).
- For most car shows, registration will be available on the day of the show.
You may also contact Car Show Pro, toll-free @ 1-844-855-4277 for more information